Thursday, October 7, 2010

before The Social Network

Trying to get in a blog before I head out to watch that movie The Social Network. Its based off the mass popularity of Facebook. I remember when it was just for college kids. I used to use it for notes if I missed class. People were always so nice to help out and it was a good tool that way. I was more stuck on the whole Myspace hit. Myspace was huge back in early 2000. Now its all about Facebook!

Anyways, I actually saw the creator of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg on Oprah a few weeks back. He usually doesn't like to be in the public eye. I really enjoyed his interview. Mark came off real and very grounded. He lives in a normal home that he RENTS! He has an asian girlfriend and is currently learning Chinese. That is just too cool. He also is donationg 100Mil to the Newark schools.

He said something about the movie. That his life isn't that dramatic haha. I heard it was a good movie so yeah. Better head out now! Tell you what I think when I get back!

*************************************************************************************


Alright, my review of the movie. I give it two thumbs up! I know an exaggerated movie concept based on Mark Zuckerberg but the details of it are pretty accurate. Funny and made me motivated to think beyond and see where ideas can take you. Money changes people. People change people. Just change yourself if you choose.

It was interesting to find out that Napster creator, Sean Parker was a part of the starting of Facebook. He now still owns 4% of Facebook and Facebook's worth about 11+ billion! That number is just growing as I'm typing this...AMAZING!

No comments: