Friday, January 23, 2009

Chinese New Year =)


So its officially Chinese New Year Weekend and another new year to wishing good fortune, harmony, and prosperity. This is the year of the ox. Gung Hei Fat Choi!!

I think the American New Year didn't do it for me so I hope that this Chinese New Year will bring me more strength, wisdom, and happiness. Last year was so draining and full of struggles. None that I regret at all, just it's time to breathe out all the tension and disappoints and move forward. Yes!! One day at a time....

So Sunday I'm heading to Hong Kong Wok to pick up the roast duck. Yuummy! And taking that down to my mom's house to add to the dinner entrees. She makes great food around this time. It's all so light and colorful. I should take some pictures. Speaking of which, I just got a new camera from costco. My other one broke and the auto focus is all messed up. So I got one for about $99 bucks. Not bad eh?!

My dad is actually going to be in Vietnam & China for the New Years. He should be back in mid March. I'm excited for him, he definitely needs a vacation and I can tell he's had alot on his mind. Hopefully he'll find another element of himself in his travels. I will miss him dearly. Wishing him a strong and happy trip.

We're closed on Monday for the New Years so that will be very nice and relaxing. I plan to have a nice Mylan day. =)

No comments: